Juicers and blenders are both great in their own ways. Both juicers and blenders come with several benefits and drawbacks that you need to consider before getting yourself one!
If you don’t know all about these appliances, chances are that you will end up buying something you don’t need!
This article will help you understand everything about juicers and blenders, from their types to the advantages and disadvantages. So let’s get started.
- 1 Juicer: How does it work?
- 2 Types of Juicers
- 3 What are the advantages of juicing?
- 4 What are the disadvantages of juicing?
- 5 Blender: How does it work?
- 6 Types of Blenders
- 7 What are the advantages of blending?
- 8 What are the disadvantages of blending?
- 9 Juicing or Blending: Which provides better nutritional values?
- 10 Should you choose to juice over blending?
Juicer: How does it work?
Juicers separate the pulp and juice of fruits and vegetables from each other. Although you would need a significant amount of fruits to achieve the same volume as you would do with smoothies.
Types of Juicers
Different types of juicers are available in the market according to your needs.
1. Centrifugal Juicers:
Centrifugal juicers are high-speed and use a rotating blade to slice the fruits and vegetables into many parts and extract the juice. These juicers allow you to put whole fruits into it with the skin. Centrifugal juicers will enable you to make juice in minutes.
2. Masticating Juicers:
These juicers are best used for making cold-pressed juices. Although they are slower than centrifugal juicers, they are known to extract more juice from your fruits and vegetables. This is one of the significant reasons why masticating juicers are more expensive than centrifugal juicers.
What are the advantages of juicing?
Certain advantages come with juicing your fruits and vegetables. They are –
1. You can make amazing juices with a large amount of produce.
2. The nutrients you consume with juices are absorbed more quickly since there is no fiber.
3. You can use your harvest or produce to make juice.
4. Juicing is the best for those people who like to follow diets low in fiber content.
What are the disadvantages of juicing?
Certain disadvantages come with juicing your fruits and vegetables. They are –
1. You cannot add any other components to your fruit juice other than fruits and vegetables.
2. Since it is best for people who follow low fiber diets, consuming juice will not be as filling.
3. A lot of food is wasted while juicing rather than blending.
4. Juices are comparatively more expensive than blenders.
Blender: How does it work?
You can easily puree your vegetables using a blender. Blenders work by combining the whole fruits and vegetables and the ingredients of your choice into a thick liquid. They are ideal for making smoothies as fiber is still present in fruits and vegetables.
Types of Blenders
Different kinds of blenders are available in the market. They are –
1. Standard Blenders:
Standard blenders have a blade connected to a pitcher on top of the base. They are easily available in the market and can be easy to operate.
2. Single-Serve Blenders:
These blenders are used to serve a single person at a time. They are beneficial for the people who just need enough serving for themselves.
3. Immersion or Hand Blenders:
You can easily use immersion or hand blenders to puree your soups or boiled vegetables. It comes in handy when you’re a fan of soups! You can also make the dips of your choice using an immersion blender.
4. High-Powered Blenders:
These blenders come with high-power motors and can be used for multiple kitchen functions other than making smoothies and sauces. They come with a powerful motor and can easily help in blending nuts into your smoothies!
These blenders come with different accessories like containers made of glass or plastic and blenders made of metal or plastic base.
What are the advantages of blending?
Certain advantages come along with blending. They are –
- You can easily make creamy and thick smoothies using a blender.
- Since the fiber has not been removed from the fruits and vegetables, smoothies are more filling than juices.
- You can include any ingredients you like while blending your favorite fruits and vegetables.
- Blenders use the whole fruit, which is why food is not wasted.
- Blenders are pretty affordable and cheaper than juicers.
What are the disadvantages of blending?
Some disadvantages come along with blending. They are –
1. Blenders do not contain as much juice as you desire from a juicer.
2. You cannot consume your blended items at a fast pace. You need longer to consume that drink.
Juicing or Blending: Which provides better nutritional values?
Certain people prefer blending over juicing since you feel fuller after drinking smoothies made using a blender. However, it is not true because both juicers and blenders come with plenty of benefits.
According to a study, juicers and blenders were compared with nutritional value. It was found that more antioxidants and beneficial compounds were found while blending fruits, whereas more vitamin C was extracted from fruits while juicing.
However, another study reviewed that more antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds were found in fruit and vegetable juices than smoothies, which helps heart patients.
Juices contain a lot more nutrients as compared to smoothies. And more volume of juice is required to make a smoothie using the same produce of fruits and vegetables.
Since juices have low fiber content, the nutrients get absorbed rapidly. Although smoothies contain fiber, they can provide extra benefits to your body.
Nonetheless, smoothie nutrients get digested slower as compared to juices.
Should you choose to juice over blending?
If you want something light that gets absorbed quickly, you should go for a juicer. However, if you want something filling and full of different ingredients, you should go for a blender.
Can you make a smoothie in a juicer?
Smoothies can only be prepared with the help of a blender. Juicers are used to extract juices from fibers by removing the fiber content. However, blenders use the entire fiber to make a smoothie.
The Bottom Line-
Both juicers and blenders are great and have their own benefits and disadvantages. We hope that this article helped you understand your needs according to your requirements.
In the comment section below, let us know which one you prefer and why.