What is your requirement for the air conditioner you purchase? In a nutshell, an air conditioner must have high power efficiency, less noise, low electricity bills, and a quick cooling rate.
As the demand for air conditioners increased, many companies launched inverter series in air conditioners which are particularly known for being power-efficient. Single inverter, dual inverter, triple inverter air conditioners positively influence the market.
The following article will draw a parallel between a single inverter and a dual inverter air conditioner. Find out which air conditioner is the best to beat the heat.
Inverter Air Conditioner:
- The difference between a typical air conditioner and an inverter air conditioner is that the motor fitted into the compressor can function with variable speed.
- If the momentum of the motor is high, the cooling is at a faster rate, while if the motor speed is low, it takes time to cool. The motor speed is dependent on the frequency, and hence higher frequency higher the speed of the motor.
- When the air conditioner is electrified, the compressor will start working, but it won’t function on its full RPM (revolution per minute) capacity; it will work at a faster rate on low RPM. The benefit of working on a low RPM is that it will consume less electricity.
- When the room’s temperature reduces, making it cooler, the non-inverter air conditioner will turn off its compression, but, in the case of an inverter air conditioner, it will reduce the compressor’s speed and not completely turn it off. Variable speed option in an inverter air conditioner does not turn the compressor of instead functions at a faster rate at low RPM; this mechanism has two benefits.
- It gives uniform cooling.
- When the motor is turned on, the starting current takes up high energy (5 times more). As in an inverter air conditioner, the compressor never turns off, avoiding the starting current; this produces electricity bills significantly.
Dual Inverter Air Conditioner –
- The differentiation between an inverter air conditioner and a dual inverter air conditioner is a two rotary system.
- Dual inverter air conditioner constantly adjusts the compressor’s speed to maintain required temperature levels, A dual inverter air conditioner functions at a 180-degree phase shift difference.
- Ever heard the tale of the turtle and the hare race? Consistency is the key to everything. The dual inverter compressor operates at a slower speed with more stability, reducing electricity consumption.
- The two rotors in a dual inverter air conditioner adjust their functioning as the temperature of the room increases and decreases. It is safe to say that a dual inverter air conditioner analyses your needs and fulfills them.
AUTHORS NOTE – The most recent technology in air conditioners currently available in the market is a triple inverter air conditioner. A triple inverter air conditioner may have even more benefits than a dual inverter air conditioner.
Difference between Single Inverter and Dual Inverter Air Conditioner
1. Rotary System –
A single inverter air conditioning system functions on a single rotary system, whereas a dual inverter functions on a dual rotary system. The two rotors rotate between each other depending on the temperature. The dual inverter air conditioner is more efficient than a single inverter air conditioner as it gains speed faster hence cooling at a faster rate.
2. Noise –
A dual inverter makes no noise compared to a single inverter air conditioner. In a single inverter air conditioner, a single rotor is used, and when there is a high temperature, the pressure on the rotor increases, causing humming sounds and vibration. On the other hand, the work is cut down in the dual rotary system as the two rotors rotate, and the load is reduced.
3. Cooling Time –
The cooling time of a dual inverter air conditioner is lower than a single inverter air conditioner. Rapid cooling is achieved because of two rotors in the dual inverter air conditioner. In a single rotary system, the high cooling pressure takes a long time to supply cool air.
AUTHORS NOTE – In extreme temperatures, a dual inverter air conditioner can rotate for upto 800 RPM speed and provide a rapid cooling
4. Capacity –
A single inverter air conditioner works according to its capacity level. For example, if the power of a single inverter air conditioner is 1.5 tons, then it will only work according to its capacity. Whereas, in the case of a dual inverter air conditioner, if the capacity is is 1.5 tons, it is possible to increase or decrease its capacity level.
5. Speed –
Single inverter air conditioning system operates at less rate as compared to the dual inverter. The dual inverter system works at a higher speed, like 800 RPM.
6. Durability –
The durability of a single inverter air conditioning system is less as compared to a dual inverter air conditioning system, the reason being that the single rotor experiences more pressure as it has to do all the work alone compared to the dual rotor in which the movement and friction are less. The heavy activity reduces the efficiency and durability of the single inverter air conditioner.
7. Cost –
With all the benefits a dual inverter air conditioner offers, the price of a dual inverter air conditioning system is higher than a single inverter air conditioning system.
8. Power Consumption –
A dual inverter air conditioner consumes less electricity as compared to a single inverter air conditioner. A dual inverter air conditioner needs just 50% of the RPM of a single inverter.
AUTHORS NOTE – The people who use air conditioners for more than 12 hours a day should buy an inverter air conditioner as it has significant benefits in the long run concerning cooling and power consumption.
1. Which air conditioner is better for office spaces?
If you are looking for an air conditioner in office space, you should go for a dual inverter air conditioner. The dual inverter air conditioner is appropriate for heavy use and provides abundant cooling.
2. Is there a difference in the lifespan of a single inverter AC and dual inverter AC?
As in a dual inverter air conditioner, two rotors function; hence the wear and tear of the rotors is less in comparison to singer inverter air conditioner as a single rotor does all the work, the load on it is high, due to these reasons, the lifespan of a dual inverter air conditioner is more significant than a single inverter air conditioner.
3. For an average room, what should be the tonnage capacity of the air conditioner?
An air conditioner with 1 to 1.5-ton air is adequate for a standard room. Although the tonnage depends on factors like the room’s measurement, the temperature of the place you live, etc.
The idea of an inverter air conditioner was generated to avoid drilling a hole in your pocket with that colossal electricity bill.
A dual inverter air conditioner is an improvised version of a single inverter air conditioner. It has surpassed all the shortcomings of a single inverter air conditioning system.
This article discussed how a dual inverter air conditioner is better than a single inverter air conditioner. We countered with the mechanism and the difference between the two models. Let us know what you think about this article in the comment box below.