Even the cleanest housewives can forget about washing such a unit as a toaster. Usually, it is wiped on top and side, but the insides do not pass cleaning. This can lead to unpleasant odors and even equipment breakdown, so you can not avoid and postpone such an activity. We will tell you how to clean the toaster correctly and with the least amount of effort.
- 1 Can I wash the toaster inside with water?
- 2 General Rules
- 3 How to clean from crumbs
- 4 What is the best way to clean the toaster?
- 5 Conclusion
Can I wash the toaster inside with water?
No, toaster and water are incompatible. The maximum that you can afford is wiping with a damp cloth followed by drying with paper towels.
It is strictly forbidden to wash under a stream of water from a tap or shower, soak the technique in the basin – this can cause a breakdown.
For the same reason, you can not place the toaster in rooms with high humidity or near the sink – this can lead to a short circuit and fire.
Since the toaster can become quite a dangerous technique, it is necessary to follow some safety rules:
- The very first thing to do is to pull the cord out of the socket with dry hands. If this rule is not followed, you can discharge with an electric current or break the device.
- It is necessary to start cleaning only after the equipment has cooled. If you try to wash a hot appliance, you can get a burn.
- In order not to damage the coating, you should not use sharp or metal objects.
- Do not immerse in water or wash under a stream.
- Do not use a dishwasher or steam cleaner for cleaning.
- Before cleaning, lay the table to make it easier for yourself in the future cleaning of crumbs.
Need and frequency of cleaning
It is necessary to clean both the inner and outer parts of the toaster. On the outside, there are traces of drops of water, fat, fingerprints, and inside there are crumbs, soot, and sometimes fat if there is a habit of making toasts with cheese or sausage right in the toaster.
External pollution is not as dangerous as internal ones because, as such, it cannot cause harm to equipment. If you do not deal with cleaning issues for a long time, then there may be unpleasant consequences:
- accumulation and ignition of crumbs;
- the formation of soot, which will smell unpleasant and can lead to breakage;
- the spread of bacteria and the attraction of cockroaches or ants;
- It is Overheating of the spiral.
For the correct operation of the equipment, it is necessary to carry out 1-2 procedures per month. This must be done as carefully as possible so as not to damage the device.
How to clean from crumbs
Bread crumbs are the first thing to beat up in a toaster. They accumulate too quickly and can cause bacteria to multiply. This causes an unpleasant smell, which at the same time is mixed with the burning that occurs when roasting these crumbs.
In addition, the spiral that fries bread will heat up unevenly, which sooner or later will lead to breakage. To cope with crumbs will help a special long brush, to which a soft pile is attached.
If there was no such tool at hand, then you can use a hairdryer. Its powerful jet of air will blow out small and light crumbs, leaving the inner cavity empty. It’s a great idea how you can “wash” the toaster inside from dust – blow it off.
Sometimes you can find tips to use a vacuum cleaner. However, it is better to avoid this method because the vacuum cleaner’s power is often higher, so poorly fixed parts of the toaster can be inside the filter. If this is the only possible option for cleaning the device, you can put a kapron sock on the vacuum cleaner pipe so that the parts do not fly inside.
How easy is it to clean a toaster? #лайфхак from the “Most Useful Program.”
How to clean the tray for crumbs
Some toaster models have a special tray for crumbs. Most often, it is removed, so it will not be difficult to wash it.
It is advisable to shake it off, wipe it with a cloth, and moisten it in soapy water or detergent. After that, the pallet is wiped dry and inserted back.
If the pallet is not removed but there are many crumbs, the toaster can be turned over and shaken. The main thing is to do this over a large plate or spread newspaper without collecting crumbs from the table. This will not give perfect cleanliness, so walking with a special brush or hairdryer is better.
What is the best way to clean the toaster?
If the hairdryer was not at hand, or there are not only crumbs with dust, but also soot, then the process of cleaning the equipment will become a little more complicated, and other improvised means will be required:
- coarse salt;
- special brush for cleaning or ordinary toothbrush;
- high-density paper;
- Scotch tape or adhesive tape.
Step-by-step instructions for cleaning the toaster with salt
The process of cleaning the toaster itself can not be called complex, but it is still essential to consider some recommendations. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Salt is poured into the toaster directly through the upper holes. It is necessary to fill the space almost completely, leaving only 1-2 cm to the top.
- The device, along with the contents, should be shaken within a few seconds. This will clean the insides of the toaster from soot, grease, oil, and impurities. In addition, salt will help disinfect surfaces.
- After cleaning, the salt must be removed. If you do this not carefully, rust may appear, not adding toast to the exquisite taste.
Salt can be removed by shaking, brushing, or the same hairdryer.
Soda will save
If the salt did not help get rid of crumbs ultimately, soot and scale inside, you could resort to a more powerful tool, which is also easy to do at home. The main ingredient is soda.
Soda should be mixed with water to the paste state and then clean the insides of the toaster with a special or toothbrush. You can even rub until the desired result is achieved. Soda crystals will soften and remove all impurities without scratching the surface of the device.
After that, it is necessary to wipe the inside with a damp cloth and then a dry cloth.
The dirty body of the toaster can not significantly affect the operation of the equipment, but the kitchen’s appearance will still spoil. Usually, external cleaning is called the final stage. The method of cleanliness depends on the material that is used in the case:
- Plastic – to clean the plastic case, a soft sponge moistened in a soapy solution is used. After that, it is necessary to wipe the entire surface of the soapy solution with a damp cloth. If the contamination is severe, then you can use the same soda paste from the recipe above. The main thing is to wipe the equipment dry at the end;
- Metal – requires meticulous care. To get rid of fingerprints, use vinegar – you need to moisten a napkin and wipe the surface with it, then dry thoroughly with a cotton cloth. If vinegar is not at hand, you can use a liquid for washing windows. However, the principle of action is the same.
After cleaning, leaving the equipment for a while is necessary to help all the moisture evaporate. If you do not wait for complete drying and immediately start frying toast, the technique can break, or a short circuit may occur.
There are more complex cleaning options, the toaster is disassembled into parts, but there is no need for them with constant care.
Pay attention to the following video from the series of “Harmful Tips.”
How to clean a toaster without chemistry?
Two rules are violated here:
- The equipment is not disconnected from the mains.
- The impact is a steam generator.
These two nuances, put together, can lead to a short circuit. You can’t do that!
Regular and proper cleaning will extend the service life of any equipment, including the toaster. After all, a clean unit looks attractive and does not break, and is not subject to fire. And, therefore, to abandon the crispy toast with a cup of coffee or tea will not have to.