The Proper way to Clean Your Gas Stove and Burners
For most of us, one of the favorite pastimes is to cook food for our loved ones. Though, in some cases, it is a necessity as well. But the main point here is that we all love to cook food, isn’t it?
However, while cooking our favorite food items, one of the common problems that we all have faced is that of dirty and blocked gas stove top and burner. And without a doubt, it is one of the most common problems that spoil the look of your kitchen. It is not just about the looks of the kitchen but the dirty gas stove top and burner also affects the overall performance during the cooking.
Therefore, it is important to timely clean the gas stove top and burners for not facing any problem with the effective working and performance from them. If you are worried about the complications regarding the proper cleaning of the gas stove and burner, then you are at the right place.
This article is all about the easy steps and ways using which you can clean your gas stove top and burner. These natural ways are simple, effective and are not even harsh on the skin or on your gas stove. Let us quickly look at all the ingredients along with the various steps that will give you the best results when cleaning the gas stove top and the burners.
- Dishwashing detergent
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Scrub brush
- A tub
Before mentioning the steps for cleaning, let us categorize the entire process in 2 parts. The first part mentioning the steps to clean the gas stove top while the second part to focus on the steps to clean the gas burners. This will make it easier for the readers to understand and follow the steps in the exact manner so as to get the desired results.
Steps For Cleaning Gas Stove
Steps to Clean the Gas Stove Top Surface:
- Before cleaning the gas stove top surface, make sure that all the parts of the gas stove burner are removed so that you can get the proper surface area to clean.
- Wipe off all the remnants of the food and dirt from the top surface by using the cloth or scrub.
- After that, you can use the available kitchen sprays for applying on the gas stove surface. Leave the kitchen surface spray for about 10-15 minutes, so that it can cut through the dirt particles and grease marks.
- Now, take the cloth and wipe away the kitchen surface spray from the top of the gas stove. This will clean all the dirt particles from the gas stove top.
- Once you gas stove top surface is clean, now let us move with the steps that should be followed to clean the gas stove burners. Are you ready? So, are we, so let us begin with the required steps.
Steps to Clean the Gas Stove Burners:
- To begin with, remove all the parts of the gas stove top like the burner grates, rings, caps, etc.
- Now take some of the hot water in the tub and add some dishwashing detergent in it and mix well.
- Soak all the gas stove top parts in the soapy water and allow it to remain in the solution for the maximum time
- Once, you are done with this, now take the burners and its parts out of the soapy solution.
- Don’t remove the water from the burners and use a toothbrush or scrub brush to clean the initial dirt particles from them
- After that, make a paste of baking soda and water and then apply the same on all the burners and its parts, if necessary and leave them for about 20-25 minutes.
- Now scrub all the remaining residue from the gas burner and then rinse them with warm water.
- Let the gas stove burner dry naturally and then fix them right back to their original place and you are good to use them again.
How Frequent Should You Clean the Gas Stove Top and Burner?
Well, to maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of your kitchen, you should clean your gas stove top and burner on regular basis. This will not allow the clogging of the gas burners and thus will offer you the best performance. However, if the regular cleaning of the gas stove top and burner is not possible, then you should at least clean them once in a week for sure.
If you don’t have the time to clean the gas stove top and burner by using these steps, then you can use a quick and simple method for the same. Here’s what you can do:
- Take some virgin vinegar and spray it all over the gas stove top as well as the burners. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes and then use a scrub or a clean cloth to wipe away the excess dirt or food particles from the gas stove top and burner.
This method is one quick and effective method which can be easily used for on-going maintenance of the kitchen gas stoves and burners. Use it on regular basis and witness the significant results for yourself.
Cleaning and maintaining the hygiene of your gas stove top and the burners is of sheer importance and should not be ignored for a longer period of time. If not regular, then you should be consistent with the proper and in-depth cleaning of the gas stove top and burner. This will not only enhance the look of your entire kitchen but will also make you feel good during cooking.
If you still have any doubts regarding the proper cleaning of the gas stove top and burner, then you can write to us by commenting below. We would get back to you with the best information and details.
Don’t delay the cleaning of your gas stove top and burner any longer and make use of these simple steps. Happy cleaning!