The name sattu isn’t unknown for those people who belong to Bihar, West Bengol, Madhya Pradesh , UP and Punjab. Sattu is the most indigenous protein source which is the power house of protein. Sattu is made using roasted chana dal. Few people add other ingredients like wheat, barley and sago . whatever may be the ingredient, chana dal is the core ingredient for making sattu. Chana dal has a near instant cooling effect on the body.
People in Bihar usually make a drink using sattu powder. When the temperature is high in summer, people usually take this natural protein drink for cool down the body temperature. As sattu has immense health benefits and a constant source of energy, it is good for any age of people .
Here are some benefit of sattu –
- Helps in maintaining good blood pressure
- Provides energy to body, helps to stay active all the time.
- Helps in irregular digestion .
- Cure gas related problem in old age people.
- Helps in stomach disorder.
- Helps body to maintain cool body temperature.
- Retain body energy.
Sattu can be consumed in both sweet and savory form. The ultimate reason is to provide energy and stay cool. Sattu is a must have dish in Teej festival. For marathies sattu is an important ingredient during Teej. They make many dishes during Teej.
So here I am sharing sattu ke ladoo recipe, which is equally easy to make and tasty for tongue. For making sattu ke ladoo you don’t need any extra ingredient. These are made of sattu, whole wheat flour, oil or ghee which is flavored with cardamom powder. Remember my sattu ki burfi recipe ? tried by many people, if you want to try then click here for recipe. Let’s start making ladoos.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cups sattu
- 6 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3/4th cup oil / ghee (i used 50 : 50)
- 1 cup Powder Sugar
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- In a wok dry roast whole wheat flour in low flame.
- Stir continuously ans roast till the raw smell of wheat flour disappear and a nice aroma start releasing.
- Remove from kadhai , set aside.
- Using same wok dry roast sattu in low flame.
- Roast till sattu realest a pleasant aroma, it may take 10-15 minutes .
- Add whole wheat flour and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Add oil/ghee (whatever you prefer) and mix well to the mixture.
- Add powder sugar , give a nice mix.
- Keep mixing for 2 minutes , ensure that everything combine well.
- The mixture should seem dry.
- Switch off the flame and let it be cool .
- Apply little oil in your hand, take small portion of mixture in your hands and make round balls.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and make ladoos .
- Keep them in a plate , place a cashew/pistachio/almonds on top of each ladoo.
- Its ready now, enjoy !!!
- Add little turmeric powder while roasting sattu to get nice golden colour ladooes.
- you can use full amount of ghee or oil in this recipe.