Malpua is such a sweet dish which is prepared mostly during festival times in India. It is a popular sweet dish throughout India which is served with kheer or rabdi. In different parts of India you will get different taste of malpua. People use different ingredients for making malpua. In short the base ingredient is different from people to people .
Many use all purpose flour , sounf and milk for making malpua, where as few people use banana and whole wheat flour . Few use mashed fruit such as pineapple, mango as a base ingredient. Few add coconut and semolina to the basic malpua recipe. Whatever may be the ingredient used for making malpua, the result is always delicious and lipsmackingly yummy. if you want to make healthy malpuas at home them must try my whole wheat , oat malpuas.
Making malpua at home isn’t a big deal at all , if you have recipe and ingredients then you can prepare it within an hour. Malpua can be defined as pancakes soaked in sugar syrup. Usually Malpua is served with rabdi or kheer. You can use any flavor rabdi. Try my instant rabdi or sitaphal rabdi with this delicious mawa malpua, sitaphal rabdi goes perfect with mawa malpua.
Mawa malpua is a popular sweet dish of Rajastan. It is a royal sweet of India, which is equally sweet , rich and delicious. It has a soft texture with crispy crush which attract everyone towards it during festivals. Deewali is in corner and this is my special treat for deewali. I hope my friends will love it and try it.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup mawa (khoya) grated
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sooji / semolina
- 2 cups full fat milk (you may need more or less)
- 1/4th tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh cardamom powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- a few strand of Saffron (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- a little lemon juice
- oil or ghee for deep frying
- Grate mawa, set aside.
- Warm up 1 cup milk, add grated mawa and stir continuously.
- When mawa dissolves in milk completely, remove the pan from the fire.
- Sieve all purpose flour with cardamom powder and sounf powder.
- In a bowl combine flour and sooji, mix and set aside.
- Add dry sieved ingredients to the warm milk & mawa solution.
- Whisk well so that no lumps would form, Make a smooth flowing batter and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar , cardamom powder and water in a sauce pan .
- Turn on gas and let it boil.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes and make a sticky sugar syrup.
- Add little lemon juice and switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a wide wok/ pan.
- Check the batter , if the batter seems thick, add more warm milk and make a free flowing batter.
- Pour a ladle full of batter to the hot oil & fry in medium heat.
- The batter will spread on its own .
- When the pancake edges starts turn little golden brown, flip and deep fry the other side of pancake.
- Fry for 2 minutes more, till both side turn golden.
- Remove from oil and soak it in warm sugar syrup.
- Repeat with remaining batter and make golden malpuas.
- Soak the malpuas in sugar syrup for 1 minute.
- Drain the sugar syrup from the malpuas and keep those in another plate.
- Enjoy !!!
- Add more flour if you add more milk to the batter, same as add warm milk/water if your batter is too thick.
- in this recipe you dont need to make one thread consistancy sugar syrup, just make thick sticky sugar srrup.
- Add saffron strands while you are boiling sugar & water for making sugar syrup.
- Soak little saffron in warm milk and add saffron infused milk while you are making malpua batter. it will give a nice aroma as well as colour to the dish.