Since I got kiwis , I was wondering to make something special with these. Love the green colour kiwis and couldn’t think anything special except ice cream. Ice cream is a wonder food of the world. Its creates magic with first bite. Isn’t it ??
Would you ever tried kiwi ice cream ? if not then you are missing a wonderful treat .. yes kiwis are perfect for kids. I ate kiwis like this. But after trying kiwi ice cream, I would never ever eat kiwis in raw form. This ice cream can be gabbled anytime, after dinner or mid night.
Ice cream that too with fruit is like sone pe suhaga ? lol !! you will be surprised to know that the ice cream is made of fruit only and without any heavy whipping cream. Yes, you heard right. The ice cream is completely eggless, whipping cream free and deliciously rich and creamy like other ice creams you find in markets.
Remember my last ice cream post ? I have shared few month back , jamun ice cream without cream. I made this ice cream similarly like jamun ice cream. Ensure that you choose sweet kiwis instead of sour ones, otherwise you will end up with sour ice cream.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||24 hours (approx)|
- 2 & 1/2 no sweet kiwis
- 2 & 1/2 cup full fat milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 5 tbsp sugar (or enough to sweeten the kiwis )
- 4 tbsp skimmed milk powder
- 5 tbsp thick cream ( i used amul here)
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan .
- Simmer it after first boil. Remove ½ cup of milk and set aside.
- Reduce the milk to half.
- Again warm up the ½ cup milk .
- Dissolve corn flour & skimmed milk powder to that milk.
- Pour this solution to the reduced milk and cook till the mixture coats to the back of spoon.
- Let it be cool.
- In the mean time blend the kiwi fruit with sugar & make a puree.
- Add mint and blend it for few seconds.
- When the above mixture cools down whip the mixture with an electronic beater.
- When the mixture seems creamy and smooth add cream and beat for some more time.
- Add kiwi mint puree and mix with a spatula.
- When everything is well combined transfer this mixture to a airtight box/container , cover with cling film.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours take out the box from refrigerator, blend it again.
- Transfer to the box, cover with cling film & refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Repeat this process for 3 times more.
- Finally refrigerate it for 8 hours till the ice cream sets.
- Enjoy !!!
- if you don’t want to add mint you can skip adding it.
- To collect thick part of cream, Open the packet of amul cream, refrigerate it for 4 hours . you will get the thick cream collecting on the top.