Peda is a Indian sweet which is believed as a Prasad. A well known peda is made from khoya. Making khoya is very laborious task. We all know about the khoya that is available in market nowadays. The quality of mithais( sweets) and khoya that is available in markets is questionable. The quality of peda will suffer accordingly.
I am sharing here a extremely easy method of making peda. That is with milk powder and condensed milk. Adding condensed milk to the pedas will give it a nice chewy texture, which make these pedas unique and tongue tickling. After trying this peda you will never hesitate to make this detectable sweet again and again at home.
Rakhya Bandhan is on corner. Thought to share some delicious sweets which can be made within few minutes. Last year I shared 4 minute microwave besan ladoo, which was a massive hit . So this year its 3 minute, 3 ingredient milk powder peda. Not only for Rakhya bandhan , you can make it anytime and in any occasion.
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 minutes|
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 3/4th cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- a pinchh of Saffron
- 1 &1/2 tbsp butter
- extra Butter / oil for greasing
- Take butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 40 second on high powder.
- Whisk the butter a little, add condensed milk and milk powder.
- Mix well , ensure that there is no lumps.
- Microwave it for 1 minute on high power.
- Stir with a spatualla, add cardamom powder , saffron and mix well.
- Again microwave it for 1 more minute, stirring once in between.
- Depending on the microwave, you may need to microwave for another 20-30 seconds more.
- If you notice air bubbles appearing all over, then its done.
- Remove for microwave. Let it be cool for 3-4 minute .
- Grease your hand and a plate with ghee/oil.
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl to greased plate.
- Gently knead the mixture and make a dough.
- Now divide into 15-17 equal size balls.
- Grease your palm with oil or ghee then give them desire shape .
- Enjoy !!