Rabdi is the gem of all Indian dessert. who doesn’t love thick , danedar rabdi ??? Making rabdi in a traditional way is very laborious and time taking dish. If you break concentration then you ll end up with burnt rabri. If you really want to have some deliciously made thick rabri then you need to stand for 1 to 1 & ½ an hour and need to stir the milk in between.
Desserts are must made dish in our menu. Especially with dinner we need some sweet dish even that may be ladoo or kalakand. That’s, may be, why I prefer desserts than savory. My hubby is not a good fan of sweet dishes.
Custard apple or sitaphal rabdi is a traditional Indian dessert, which is made using fresh custard apple pulp. Because of the naughty flavor of Custard apple this rabdi tastes awesome and it brings natural sweetness to the rabri.
I tasted this recipe in my friend’s house long days back. When I came back home and prepared this for first time, my hubby just fell in love with it. In his word it is the royal dish he has ever tasted. He told me to make it again and again.
I am sharing a instant version of rabri. I just hate to stand for hours and stirring continuously . I always look for some shortcut method for such tricky recipe. After many attempts I came up with instant version of sitaphal rabri. Believe me or not the outcome is lip smashingly delicious and finger licking.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25-30 minutes|
- 3 cups full fat milk
- 1/2 tin condensed milk (200 gram)
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 3 no Custard apple
- 3/4th cup cottage cheese
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- Take milk in a heavy bottom pan . Bring it to boil .
- When milk starts to boil reduce the flame to low.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking to the bottom.
- Boil for 10 minutes till the milk reduced a little.
- Add sugar and condensed milk to the boiling milk and stir.
- Add crumbled paneer and continue boiling till the mixture turns thick.
- Wash the custard apple , remove their seeds and collect pulp.
- When rabri comes to room temperature add pulp to that mixture.
- Let it be cool.
- Using a hand blender or mixture grinder pulse the mixture for 10 seconds till the mixture seems smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator and serve.
- The entire procedure should be done in low flame.
- You can increase the flame to medium if you can handle and prevent burning.
- Click here for homemade condensed milk recipe.