Indian sweets not only look attractive but they taste heavenly. Nothing can beat Indian desserts , especially the traditional dishes . we often make desserts during any occasions or festival days without worrying about the calories they are having .Who cares about calories when some of Indian sweets are served in front of us.
What’s comes to your mind when you hear the name jallebi ? your mouth is sizzling. isn’t it? Who doesn’t love golden yellow , juicy jallebies dipped in sugar syrup. And who doesn’t love making them. But on this Janmastami lets make something different and prepare something new for beloved Lord Krishna. Yes, I am talking about apple jallebi, a fruit base jalebi.
Apple jallebi is batter coated, deep fried apple rings, dipped in flavorful sugar syrup. You can say these are the modified healthy version of jalebies. They look like apple doughnuts and taste yummy and best when served warm. Because you may miss the crunchiness of the apple jalebi if you have these cold.
This recipe was in my to do list for a long time. But I never thought to share it before. Last time when I share pear jallebi , I decided to make apple jallebi next. Of course it is a little time taking procedure , but when you serve these apple jallebi with rabri, you will soon notice a satisfaction on your dear one’s face.
It is best when served with rabri. You may prepare any flavor of rabri. Click here for instant rabri recipe. It tastes so yummy and lip smacking. When you have a bite you will know how true it is. If you have apples right now, then don’t be late, run into your kitchen and make it . They don’t take much time to prepare. Within 1 hour you will able to prepare apple jallebi with instant rabri. I bet you will be relished and enjoy these.
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 3 medium no. Apples
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp melted ghee
- 3/4th cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 no lime
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in 1/4th cup of warm water.
- Rest it in warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl combine flour and pinch of salt.
- In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon powder, and pinch of salt.
- Add ghee and water (as required) and make a smooth batter.
- Let it sit for ½ an hour, let it to ferment.
- Boil water and sugar in a pan.
- Add cardamom powder and make one string consistency sugar syrup.
- Add lemon juice and switch off the flame.
- Dip the fried jalebies in warm sugar syrup.
- Transfer these jalebies into a strainer so that the jallebies will release excess sugar syrup.
- Serve the jalebies with rabri or ice cream or chopped dry fruits.
- Do not cut the apples into too thin & too thick rings.
- Little cinnamon powder can be added with the batter.