Don’t ask me why I am making lot of dishes with pineapple. Am I a pineapple fan ??
And the answer is no !!!
Actually we are living in a funny area.
Some fruits are found only in a particular month. And pineapple is available in this month. I know I will not get pineapple for next 6 months. Last time I shared pineapple sweet rice a.k.a anaraser misti pulao but this time no sweet dishes, this one is savory one. A pulao with seasonal vegetable i. e. with green pea.i served this rice with chilli paneer. No doubt chicken kurma, raita will goes best with this dishes.
- Basmati rice – 1 ½ cup
- Chopped Pineapple pieces – 3/4th cup
- Blanched green pea – ¼ th cup
- Chopped paneer pieces- ½ cup
- Whole garam masala like:
- Cardamom – 3 no
- Cloves – 4 no
- Cinnamon – 1” pc
- Mace – 1 no
- Pepper corn – 5 no
- Star anise – 1 no
- Onion (medium)- 1 no
- Nutmeg powder – 1/8th tsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
METHOD OF PREP ::
- Wash and soak rice for ½ an hour.
- Lightly fry the paneer pieces in hot oil.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Finely slice the onions.
- Strain the rice.
- Heat oil in a wide pan.
- Add whole garam masala , allow them to splutter.
- Add sliced onion and fry for a minute.
- Add strained rice and fry the rice till they seems light brownish.
- Add double amount of warm water, I mean 3 cups of water.
- Keep it in high flame . Add salt and stir once.
- After first boil lower the flame , add nutmeg powder,cover the pan.
- Cook it for 15 minutes more till rice grains are turns soft.