Summer is generally painful for many due to its harshness. But it is blessed with king of fruits i.e. Mango. We all wait for summer only to enjoy this magical fruit. Like any other I am also crazy about mangoes . its heavenly delicious, not only for its taste but also for its gorgeous looks. Its magical taste makes it a part of every dining table.
Mangoes tastes best in the form of salad and juice, I already share the recipe of instant mango lassi and Eggless mango cuppies which is beloved by all . Here I am going to share a cake using golden mango pulp.I bet the cake with bursting flavor of mangoes will be liked by all.
- here is some more mango recipes :
- mango icecream (with milk)
- sagoo mango kheer
- hassel free mango icecream
Making cake is quite simple and it is the delicious way to use your favorite fruit plus it’s fun to make. This cake is oil less and the recipe belong to Riccha Babbar,I edited it in my way. I got this recipe from a food group and saved it. But I totally forgot from which group I found the recipe. This cake is fresh, spongy and soft. The luscious mango pulp pop out the sweetness of this cake.
This cake is made using fresh mango pulp, but you can use tinned pulp. Fresh mangoes were somehow sour in taste, so you sweeten the pulp then use it. Here I used mango concentrate , which gives a good golden colour to the cake or ice cream and contains mango essence. It can be replaced with mango essence and a drop of yellow food colour. But if you have good mango pulp then use only mango essence.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Mango pulp – ¾ th cup
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 3 tsp
- Mango concentrate – ½ tsp
- Salt – a generous pinch
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
- Preheat the oven at 180 c for 10 minutes.
- Grease a 6” tin and set aside.
- Sieve Maida with salt and baking powder together for 3 to 4 time.
- Set aside.
- Beat mango pulp and brown sugar, whip till sugar dissolves completely.
- In a bowl take yogurt and add vinegar to it. stir once, wait for 1 minute.
- Add mango concentrate and sweeten mango pulp and whip it for 10 second.
- Now add dry ingredients in batches and gently fold it in the mixture .
- Pour this batter in prepared tin and level it.
- Tap it for 3-4 times.
- Bake it at 180c for 40 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- After the cake is baked, take out the cake and rest it in wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Then de-mold the cake and enjoy !!