How about home made mango frooty !!!! I am on cloud 9 today after nailed homemade frooty.
say it frooty or mazaa, it tastes heavenly.
Footy is available in everywhere in the form of packaged or bottled beverage. Taking a bite of chilled frooty in this hot hot summer is totally refreshing …And the packet says it contains fruit pulp. I am not sure the store brought frooty truly contains fruit pulp or not, but surely contains artificial color, preservatives and flavor. This is the pureset form of mango frooty !! na na… no compromise with taste…its home made mango cooler and completely made of mango pulp.
For promoting my home made footy no celebrity is here, who will say “taste the mango juice”…. ‘Live the frooty life ‘ etc…etc….
I can only say ……just sip it…. and feel the mango flavour with every sip of this cooler. Surely after having this frooty recipe you never buy any frooty packet from store.
If you love mango frooty that is available in market then try this home made mango frooty recipe at home, you will get same taste. And making mango frooty at home is also cheapest and hygienic.
Summer is the only season when you can enjoy fresh mango juices whether it is raw or ripe .
The Mangoes are considered to be an extremely good food , most delicious and healthiest .
This seasonal fruit has been a regular part of human diet .and why not be ??? It has unique flavor, taste and fragrance.
In any form ,mango juice is delicious and totally relish.
- Chopped raw mango : 1 & ½ cup
- Chopped ripe mango : 1 & ¼ th cup
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Water – 3 & 3/4th cup
- Cardamom – 3 small pods
- Salt : 1/8th tsp
- Lemon – ½ tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
- Peel the mangoes and chop into small pieces then measure it.
- Take both raw and ripe mango pieces in a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water.
- Close the lid and cook for 12-15 minutes or 2-3 whistles.
- Meanwhile combine remaining water and sugar in a sauce pan, boil it till sugar dissloves .
- Boil for 1 minute more. Let it be cool.
- Open the cooker when pressure releases itself.
- Strain the mango pieces, don’t throw the water.
- Grind the mango pieces along with cardamom seeds.
- Make a fine puree.
- Combine mango puree, reserve water after boiling mangoes, sugar syrup , lime juice and whip it with a baloon whisk.
- Now strain through a sieve thrice .
- Now your homemade frooty or mazaa is ready..
- Fill this frooty in a bottle and Chill it until you are ready to serve.