Mangoes are making their appearance every where. As the mangoes are full in season. Even road side vendors are selling lot of dessert using mango pulp. So lets prepare something interesting creamy , yummy mango dessert. Lets prepare mango falooda. If you know how to prepare basic falooda , then mango falooda is adding mango puree to the basic recipe of falooda. Nothing fancy , simple steps to follow and takes very little time to prepare.
Mango falooda is a royal north Indian , Truffle like dessert. It is a popular Indian dessert and hold a special place in dessert menu. Mango falooda consist multiple layer of vermicelli, mango puree, mango ice cream , milk and basil seeds. Nuts, tutti frutti, custard, jelly are added to the falooda to make it more interesting and tasty. Its delightful look and intensive mango flavor attract many people towards it.
I learn somewhere that mango falooda is served with both straw and spoon. The creamy ice-cream and milk can be sipped by straw where the various layers can be enjoyed by the spoon. Basil seeds, falooda sev, mango puree, nuts, rose syrup and mango puree are layered together to make the dessert pretty.
The colourful and quick making mango falooda is all about assembling the layers into a glass. Easy to make and varnish in a minute. Falooda is a traditional dessert of Iran and Pakistan. But it is popular in India too. In summer it is commonly available dessert in India, Pakistan, Sri lanka and Myanmar . the falooda sev and basil seeds are the main hero of this dessert, though any flavour of Icecream can be used . Instead of milk, jelly or custard can be used. The rose syrup also can be replaced with any other flavored syrup like chocolate syrup or strawberry syrup.
The basil seeds have many culinary use and health benefits. These are produce a cooling sensation within the stomach.it reduces the nauseous feeling and control vomiting. So lets prepare the most luscious dessert using king of fruits.
- Basil seeds – 3 tbsp
- Mango (medium size) – 1 no
- Mango puree – 3/4th cup
- Mango/ vanilla icecream – 2-3 scoops
- Chopped nuts – 2 tbsp
- Rose syrup – 4 tbsp
- Falooda sev – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 1 1/4th cup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp or more
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Soak the basil seeds in ½ cup of water for overnight.
- Take fresh mango, peel it and chop into pieces.
- In a pot add water and when water boils add falooda sev and cook until done. But don’t over cook them. Strain it, drain excess water and keep aside.
- Boil the milk with sugar and cardamom powder in medium flame. Once milk boils lower the flame and boil for 3-4 minutes more.
- Let it be cool.
- Chill all the ingredients before assembling .
- Take a tall glass , add 1 tbsp of rose water then place 2 tsp of basil seeds on the bottom of the glass.
- Pour 2-3 tsp of falooda sev then add 3 tbsp of mango puree. Then pour 4 tbsp of milk.
- Sprinkle little nuts .
- Finished off with a scoop of ice-cream.
- Repeat the layer once again with same amount of rose syrup ,basil seeds, falooda sev , mango pulp, chopped mangoes, milk top with a scoop of ice-cream.
- Its done now , chill it for sometime.
- You can sprinkle little nuts , chopped mangoes on top or finish with vanilla / mango ice-cream and chopped mangoes, whichever is comfortable to you.
- Your mango falooda is ready to serve.