Holi is round corner and I have made a small batches of Namakpare.My daughter is a big fan of Namakpare, its crunchy and flaky. She loves savory dishes more than sweet dishes. I always purchase these salty Namakpare from the local shopkeeper. But few days ago I started making those at home.
I never knew making Namakpare at home could be so easy. After few attempts finally I am able to make perfect Namakpares. so this is a very commonly made recipe in my house
Namakpares are crispy and flaky, perfect tea time sanck.These are the normal Namakpare , but any spices can be added with the basic recipe to make it more tasty.
It involves four easy step cooking. I mean kneading dough, rolling , cut into strips and then deep fried. Namakpare made with flour and sooji, little oil is added with it for moyan purpose. The best thing is these can be stored up to 1 month. Lets learn how to make perfect dukan style Namakpare.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Semolina/ sooji – ½ cup
- Warm oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – for kneading
- Salt – 3/4th tsp
- Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 generous pinch
- Oil- for deep frying
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- In a bowl take flour and semolina , give it a mix .
- Add salt, ajwain, turmeric and mix well with hands.
- Add warm water and rub well.
- Now add water and knead into a tight dough.
- Cover it with cloth and rest it for 1 hour.
- After one hour, heat oil in a wok.
- Take the dough and divide into 4 equal parts.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen counter and roll the dough like thin chapatti
- Cut into strips .
- check the oil it should not be smocking hot .
- Put a pinch of the dough in oil, if it is coming to top then its ok.
- Add striped Namakpare in hot oil . once those float on top ,increase the flame to high and fry the Namakpares till they turn nice golden.
- Don’t over fry.
- Take out immediately from the oil, keep on a absorbent paper.
- Once cool keep them in a tight container.