The good thing about winter is ,lot of vegetables are available in market. It gives us ample opportunity to experiment with variety of dishes.The patties is made out of bread pieces with lot of veggies. Its a perfect recipe for kid Tiffin box. The kids, when it comes to food, are choosy and hate vegetables.
My little one too is a fussy eater. I made these patties especially for her. She loves to have aloo tikki. Tired of making aloo tikki 3 times a week,I thought to try a nutritive variation. I noticed combination of bread, potato and shredded vegetables taste very good. So I replaced aloo tikki with bread patties. And she just loved it. This kids delight patties can also be served as a evening snack for others.
We always find some bread left over at our house. If you are looking for a good nutritious recipe using leftover bread then you are in perfect place. Do try it. I am sure you ll love it again and again.
- Bread pieces – 6-8 pieces
- Boiled potato – 1 medium
- Shredded vegetables – 1 ½ cup
- (carrot, cabbage, French beans,capsicum,curliflower,broccoli
- Green pea)
- Onion (chopped) – 1 small
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Chicken masala – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped )
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil- as required
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
- First of all we need to prepare a vegetable mixture.
- In a pan heat oil. When it’s hot add chopped garlic and chopped green chillies.Fry for few seconds and then add chopped onion. Fry for a minute, add all the vegetables with salt, turmeric powder, chicken masala and chilli powder. Fry a little and cover it.
- Stir occasionally.
- When all the vegetables are cooked add garam masala and mix once.
- Remove from the fire and let it be cool.
- Cut the crust of the bread and break into small pieces.
- Take this pieces in a bowl. Sprinkle some water and mix it, so that it ll become like a dough.
- Add mashed potatoes, salt ,chat masala ,chopped coriander leaves and fried vegetables.
- Mix it well and shape them like round tikkies.
- Heat a pan or tawa . shallow fry the tikkies.
- When one side turns light brown turn it and fry the other side,
- fry till both sides turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve it with green chutney or khatti meethi chutney.
- Don’t add more water while mixing the bread pieces.
- Green chilli and chilli powder can be avoided if preparing for kids.
- Your favorite sauces can be added while frying the vegetables.
- After shaping tikkies, keep the tikkies in refrigerator for ½ an hour. It will be firm and perfect roundles.