Condensers are an essential part of how ACs work; hence while buying an AC, you need to make sure that you choose the best AC condenser coil.
So what are the types of AC condenser coils? There are two most popular options: the Gold Fin and the Blue Fin Condenser Coils.
What is the difference between the two? And which one is the best for my ac? If these are questions running through your head, then worry not; we have answers to help you make the right decision!
Firstly let’s understand what condenser coils are in an AC-
- 1 What are Condenser Coils?
- 2 Gold Fin vs Blue Fin Condenser Coils
- 3 What are Gold Fin Condenser Coils? Advantages and Disadvantages
- 4 What are Blue Fin Condenser Coils? Advantages and Disadvantages
- 5 Which is the Best Fit for Me?
What are Condenser Coils?
Ever wondered how does your air conditioner make the room cool? Does it have a secret portal to the south pole from where it blows out the cool air? Well, that would have been an exciting answer, but sadly that’s not how it does it. The AC can cool the air in your room because it has a component known as the condenser coils.
Condenser coils are a set of pipes that have fans attached to them. When you turn on your Ac, the refrigerant in your AC starts to flow through the condenser coils. The fan then starts to suck in the hot air from your room which is made to pass through the condenser coils. On coming in contact with the refrigerant, the Hot air turns cold, which is then released into your room, lowering the temperature.
Gold Fin vs Blue Fin Condenser Coils
There are two types of condenser coils that are mostly used: Gold Fin condenser coil and Blue Fin condenser coil. Given below is the distinction between the two, followed by a detailed explanation.
|Gold Fin Condenser Coils||Blue Fin Condenser Coils|
|This is a relatively expensive option.||This is comparatively cheaper.|
|This does not interfere with the natural conductivity.||This interferes with the natural conductivity.|
|Enhances the transfer of heat.||It hampers the transfer of heat.|
|Improves the functioning of the air conditioner.||Does not enhance the functioning of the air conditioner.|
|It can prevent the accumulation of salt, acid, and water droplets.||It can prevent the accumulation of dust, grime, salt, acid, and water droplets.|
What are Gold Fin Condenser Coils? Advantages and Disadvantages
Gold fin compressor coils are a type of compressor coils coated with Golden Hydrophilic coating; these are anti-corrosive gold nano-coating, which act as a shield from external factors, hence protecting the coils from harsh climatic conditions and preventing their rusting or corroding.
Many companies use titanium dioxide to make a gold fin condenser, making it hugely conducive for heat transfer. The gold fin condenser coils will not hinder the natural conductivity hence allowing the refrigerant to achieve a low temperature in minimum time.
Advantages of Gold Fin Condenser Coils-
- Gold fin condenser coils have a very powerful coating that protects them from rusting and keeps them working for a long time.
- They can accelerate the defrosting process hence increasing efficiency.
- They can work well even in places with a humid climate.
- They help lower the energy consumed while operating the AC herby bringing down your electricity bill.
Disadvantages of Gold Fin Condenser Coils-
- Gold fin condenser coils are costly and may not be an affordable option for many.
- They are not readily available, and searching can be difficult.
What are Blue Fin Condenser Coils? Advantages and Disadvantages
Blue fin condenser coils are a type of condenser coils with an Epoxy coating over them. The compounds are composed of uncured or cured prepolymers, and It is made when epoxy resins are cured into thermostat polymers. This gives it a high amount of resistance.
Being a Hydrophilic compound, The coating does not allow water to settle over it, preventing rusting.
Advantages of Blue Fin Condenser Coils-
- Blue fin condenser coils can significantly enhance the heat transfer procedure and the cooling capabilities of your AC.
- It is cheaper than a Gold fin condenser coil hence lighter on your pocket.
- It helps conserve the energy consumption of the device.
- It is protected from Salt, Acid deposits and water droplets, hence preventing rusting of the coils.
- They are widely available and therefore accessible.
Disadvantages of Blue Fin Condenser Coils-
- The additional layers in the coating of bluefin condenser coils can hamper the condensation process and the heat transfer rate.
- This does not contribute to increasing the efficiency of your AC.
- This technology is not available in high-end AC models.
Which is the Best Fit for Me?
You now know the difference between a gold fin and blue fin condenser coils, so now comes the question of which one will best suit your requirements? To answer this question, go through the below-mentioned questions-
Do you live in the coastal regions?
If Yes– You should buy blue fin condenser coils as they are best suited to work in conditions where humidity is high.
If No– You can go ahead with a gold fin Condenser coil or a blue fin condenser coil, proceed to
the following question to make the best judgement.
Are you under budget constraints?
If Yes– You should choose the Blue fin Condenser coils as they are the cheapest of the two.
If No– You can select the Gold fin condenser coils.
Are you looking for an eco-friendly option?
If Yes– You should buy a gold fin condenser coil.
If No– You can buy any of the above.
We hope these questions made the decision easier for you, and you can now choose the best condenser coil for your AC.
1. Can you repair damaged Condenser fins?
Yes, You can fix damaged condenser pins; you will require a fin comb to do so. Another way to repair it would be to ask the service person to fix the fins when you have your AC serviced.
2. How do to clean AC condenser coils?
The best way to do this will be to approach an experienced service person to do it for you, as it is a delicate job, it is not advisable for you to do it on your own.
Deciding on which condenser coil to use can be confusing, but we hope we made it simple for you through this article. You now know the advantages and disadvantages of each type and also have a distinction between the two, using this you can make an informed decision!
Mention in the comments below which point you found most helpful!